Monday, April 6, 2009

Sharks Keep Moving - Desert Strings And Drifters


Sharks Keep Moving is one of my favorite bands. Alot of  people don't seem to know about them. And its sad. I will admit that I found out about them through Minus The Bear who, at the time, I really dug alot. But when it comes down to it, I would take Sharks Keep Moving ANY DAY EVER over Minus The Bear. I realize I'm in the minority, but I don't care. They are up there with American Football for me. As far as having some of the prettiest guitar work. I know right. Pretty? haha. That's just how i roll. They share a singer with Minus The Bear. So I guess if you like his voice, definitely listen to them. 

Back in December, my grandmother passed away. It was a very hard time for everyone in my family. It was another of many negative things that happened to me one after the other. That time went by so fast. Her estate became sort of a shit storm. That's what happens when you have so many kids. The 6 kids, adults now, all fighting over who wants what. I had never thought to ask for anything because of this. Alot of things were given to my sis because of Copeland. I did end up getting two things. A book from the 70's about the Unexplained and a record player. The record player is rad. The first record I bought for it was this Sharks Keep Moving album. Besides being a fucking cool looking record (see the pic) its a great album I can listen to over and over again. 
If you like it, buy it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment