Friday, February 13, 2009

Uzeda - Different Section Wires


Italian. Way Awesome. End review. Haha. Just kidding. 
I first started listening to this band back in the early 00’s. I couldn’t find anyone locally who listened to them or had even heard of them. And believe me I asked the people you’d think to ask (ex. Grant J.). I just wanted someone to talk about how awesome I thought they were. The band falls somewhere in between the genres of math rock, noise rock, post hardcore, maybe even post punk. Hard hitting drums. A more noodlely/riffy Shellac guitar sound. Solid pounding basslines. All the while with lyrics/poetry being shouted over in a discordant way. Its not really a surprise that Albini has recorded the majority of this bands releases. This is probably my favorite of their albums. If you like Shellac or Touch & Go, you need to hear this.

-matthew st. 

Buy it from a independent record store if you like it
Or you can get it online from Touch & Go's Website
(disclaimer: it has been brought to my attention that Touch & Go has a history of killing uploads of their albums. try to get this album before they kill the link.  if you find the link dead, report it to me. like i said above, if you like the album, support the band and the label and buy it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment