Saturday, February 14, 2009

Dasha - Damned If We Do

I wasn’t too sure what I should write about today, being Valentines Day. But when I arrived home from work and looked in my mailbox, there starring back at me was the answer. 

I’ve loved this band from the first time I heard them. I had been waiting to hear this album as long as I knew it existed in some unfinished form. The female fronted Rochester quintet plays upbeat indie rock. Very pretty guitar work, powerful rhythm section, and heartfelt singing and lyrics. I could easily see this band on a label like Polyvinyl or Jade Tree. Their sound just sits so well with those bands. This album is great and I highly recommend you purchasing a copy for yourself A.S.A.P. 

On a personal note I would like to say that I wish Colleen Vasey was my Valentine. Listening to her sing today has made my day. Awww! She’ll never read this blog. Haha. Tomorrow I’ll post death metal to make up for that emo slip. Haha.

-matthew st.

Listen to a couple tracks from the record on Dasha's Myspace Page
You can buy the album from Whaleplane Records.

3 comments: