Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Hum - Downward Is Heavenward


My hot plate of the day today (haha) is one of my all time favorite albums by one of my all time favorite bands. Hum had a hit in the mid 90’s with the song “Stars” off of their 3rd album “You'd Prefer An Astronaut”. For a lot of people, I think that’s where it began and ended for them and their interest in the band sadly. Popular music is a cruel bitch mother. Its too bad for them. “Downward Is Heavenward” is a really great follow up. A lot of people, myself included, consider this Hum’s best album. Considering what it had to follow, its outrageous what they created and were able to accomplish. If you have any interest in 90’s alternative rock, you need to hear this album. Hum is one of the most underrated bands of the 90’s.

-matthew st. 

Buy it from a independent record store if you like it

No comments:

Post a Comment