Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Oh, Canada (Part 2): Jakartah - In The Nervous Lights Of Coincidence


Even though this band is a recent find for me, they are from Canada, so I will include them in my ongoing “Oh, Canada!” series. Also, they are fucking great, so why not show people another awesome Canadian band?

After much pondering, I think I have come up with a short description of this band, and more specifically this album, that is at least mostly accurate. Jakartah sound like a more riffy Jawbox, or a heavier Burning Airlines, with a singer that sort of sounds like the singer of Young Widows. Weird right? Haha. Please give it a listen and let me know what you think. I recommend it to any fans of Jawbox and other good post hardcore bands in that vein. And though I’m not sure if fans of Young Widows would like it, I still say at least give it a listen. Cause you never know. This is the Vancouver band’s first and only full length. They broke up. Which is bummer fo shaw. But it’s also kind of amazing, considering they released stuff of this caliber right off the bat.

-matthew st.

Personal Album Highlights:
-A Young Boy Forgets About Heaven
-Rosa Unida drinks Anxiety
-A Thousand Miles Connects You To Me
-Liaisons At The Woodward Building

If you like it, please purchase it from your local independent record store

No comments:

Post a Comment