Saturday, May 22, 2010

Sed Non Satiata – Self Titled LP

sedLP
I randomly found this the other day. I had heard a tune from it a long while ago and knew that the band was coming out with it. But that was pretty much it. Hadn't heard anything about it. And idk, one night when I was really depressed, just randomly found it. And it was so awesome. Cause immediately, I went from being unbelievably sad and depressed to being crazy happy. Like, shouting. haha. Now, why is that? Well, I love Sed Non Satiata. Along with Daïtro, they are one of my favorite bands of the skramz/real screamo genre. They have this way of just being so heavy and and intense, and having musical movements that are just flat out beautiful. They and Daïtro are friends, have put out a split together, and i feel like drive one another to keep putting out awesome music. Last year, Daïtro came out with “Y.” And it is a absolutely awesome album. I have to admit that after it came out I did remember thinking to myself “Your move Sed Non Satiata.” hahaha. The last album they had released was their split with Daïtro. And their side of that record was really great. Their self titled record finds them expanding on their musical style. The LP’s opening song “Les Colonnes De Soie” is fucking amazing. And is probably one of the bands best. The album in general is really great. As has been my complaint with the band in the past, I just wish the album had more songs. But its hard with the French screamo. The stuff borders on post rock often. So long instrumental songs are often common place. This album’s 5 songs still equal the same amount of time you would expect from a band putting out a normal 11 song album. So yeah, I have to get over my bullshit and remember, quality NOT quantity. haha. The quality of this album is tops. And in a lot of ways, well worth the wait. Sed Non Satiata can write a fucking song! haha. I hope this isn't the last time we hear from Sed Non Satiata. Like I have said, they are one of my favorite bands. I can only hope that they and Daïtro tour the states together in support of their respective albums. That would be sweet! Please enjoy this record. Its quite good. :-D
Download The Album Here
Seek it out and buy it if you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment