Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Daïtro - Laisser Vivre Les Squelettes


I have no clue how I came about finding this band. I went through a phase where "skramz", or real screamo, was my major cup of tea. I still do love a lot of the stuff I found at that time. Daïtro did a split with the amazing band Sed Non Satiata, and that is honestly probably where I first heard them. That album is amazing, and I suggest EVERYONE listen to it, BUT I really think, of what I've heard of them, this is their best release to date. They really shine. I love the straight up heavy nature of this band and how it is equally balanced with soft and beautiful parts. Their drummer is fucking outrageous and has a way of playing things that, while not on Neil Peart level of mind blowing, just sound so cool and different. Which is really a feat with bands of this nature. Keeping things feeling/sounding fresh. The band can go from full on heavy as shit to almost post rock-esc build ups and passages. Its really cool. Its often really beautiful. And usually really heavy. I love bands that are able to do that well. The opening/title track of this record is one of my faves. But at the same time, this record works so well as a whole. The French band just released a new record which I have yet to hear. So until then, I will listen to this album with heavy anticipation. Please listen to this band! For fans of screamy beautiful stuff.

Buy It If You Like It!

No comments:

Post a Comment